Town of Oakham-Office of the Town Clerk Vital Records Application and request for a Certified Copy of Birth, Death or Marriage Record
PLEASE NOTE: Certain records may require proof of your identity (such as a drivers license, etc.) and although most applications are processed upon receipt (or shortly thereafter), a response may take up to 10 days. Also, this application is for a certified copy of birth, death or marriages that has already taken place. For example: this application is not to be used to apply for a MARRIAGE LICENSE, as those applications (also known as marriage intentions) must be filed in person at the Town Clerk's Office with both parties to be married present and at minimum 3 days prior to date of wedding and is only valid for 60 days.
1. NAME OF PERSON REQUESTING RECORD:______________________________
2. RELATIONSHIP TO PERSON ON RECORD:_______________________________
3. ADDRESS OF PERSON REQUESTIONG RECORD(PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE A MAILING ADDRESS IF DIFFEENT)
4. PHONE NUMBER(S) AND TIMES YOU MAY BE REACHED SHOULD FURTHER
INFORMATION BE NEEDED:__________________________________
5. IS THE RECORD YOU ARE REQUESTING A BIRTH, DEATH OR MARRIAGE RECORD?
6. NAME(S) OF PERSON ON RECORD:______________________________________
(IF REQUESTING BIRTH RECORD PLEASE LIST NAME AT TIME OF BIRTH)
7. DATE OF BIRTH/DEATH/MARRIAGE:___________________________________
8. How do you wish to recieve the Record? By Mail or In Person (Please Circle One)
9. Signature of Requester:______________________________________________
DIRECTIONS FOR RETURNING APPLICATION
Return applications to the Town Clerk's Office, 2 Coldbrookf Rd. Unit 4 Oakham, MA 01068
Be sure to also include the following:
· A check in the amount of $5 per application, made payable to the
"Town of Oakham".
· A self addressed stamped envelope so we may mail the records back to you.
· Please double check to make sure your application is complete.
If picking the records up in person, please call before coming to ensure the records are ready for pick-up. Office Hours are Monday Evenings 6pm to 8pm and Wednesdays from 9am to 11:30am or by appointment.
For questions pertaining to this form please contact Christine Mardirosian, Town Clerk @508-882-5549 ext. 305.