Fire Department Open Burning
NEW UPDATES for 2013!
Now there are 2 ways to obtain your daily permit.
Call the Rutland Regional Emergency Communication Center at 508-882-5555 between hours of 8:30 am - 12:00 noon.
Go online to http://www.rrecc.net.
Your Annual Permit (or Master Permit) can be obtained at the Oakham Fire Station on Monday nights 7pm to 9 pm, or go online at http://www.rrecc.net.
Open Burning Regulations:
- Burning is only allowed from January 15th thru May 1st of each year.
- Burning is only allowed on dates authorized by Fire Chief/Forest Warden.
- Burning is only allowed between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- The Permit holder is responsible for all liability in connection with the open air fire.
- The Permit holder is allowed to burn brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris. All be less than 4 inch in diameter. (Grass, Hay, Leaves, Stumps & Building Materials ARE NOT ALLOWED to be burned)
- Burning shall take place on or near the place of generation of the brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris.
- NEVER should gas or other flammable liquids be used to start the fire.
- Burning shall be at least 75 feet away from any building.
- Must have hose or water can near by burning site.
- Master permits can be revoked for improper use.
- You must request a daily permit each day you wish to burn between 8:30 am and 12:00 pm.